Monday, August 24, 2009

Why we've been slackers... C'mon, they are good reasons.

Yes, it's been a while. We've been lame blogger slackers. This summer has been crazy. I'll do a longer-better photo-filled post later but here's quick rundown just to get something on here...

The Ben and Melinda Johnson family came to visit us with their five children! We had lots of fun, going to Elitch Gardens two days, a Rockies vs. Diamondbacks game and eating at our favorite Hawaiian barbeque joint, L & L's. The kids cried when they left.

The following week the Rick and Jeanette Shumway family came to visit with their six children! Super fun time going to Elitch Gardens three days, up to the Rocky Mountain National Park one day and something else that has long been lost in my mind. We had a lot of fun and again, the kids cried when they left.

But not for long because two hours after their departure my dad and Carolyn came to visit! They got here just in time to see Granger give his talk in primary (proud mom). The following day we went to Idaho Springs, a cute little tourist town in the foothills of the Rockies and ate famous pizza. We had a great time with them too. Again, boo hoo's from all the kids but...

The very next week the Nathaniel and Sarah Cox family came to visit with their three children. That same night Dave and Arianne stayed with us passing through from Kansas. Super fun! We had to do the Elitch Gardens amusement park again and then we got out the raft and the dads took the kids "white water rafting" down the Platte River, rode a trolley downtown and even went on a date night without all the kiddos (just babies) to downtown Denver. We also went to the Aurora Reservoir one day and took the raft out on the lake while some kids stayed to play in the sand. I think the kids tears were all dried up by now... But we'll miss them too.

Also, Cora started 3rd Grade and Granger started 1st Grade somewhere in the middle of all of that. (Yeah, I pulled them out of school a bit...) Jonah starts preschool Wednesday. Ezra has cut his first two teeth and eats whatever anyone will give him. Yikes! Lynn started his VERY LAST TERM of school this week and will graduate October 26th! Wooo! Time will tell where that sends us but hopefully back home to Snowflake... Lynn and I both started P90X last week and will be hot and sexy and auditioning for modeling jobs in just under three months! (Or not). Life is good!

5 comments:

Jaydee and Shaunda said...

Sounds like a WAY fun summer. It seems that our summer was that way also...too much playing and no blogging. I finally downloaded all of our pictures, so maybe this week when the kids go to school I can update the blog.
We would love to see you sometime. Would you like to come to dinner one evening? I know that Lynn is busy with school, but we would love to see you and your family before you move back.

Tee said...

What a fun and exciting summer!! It's great that your kids love their cousins som much :)

Mark told me you started P90X...I'm interested to hear how that works out for you two...if you aren't dead first! :)

Jodiane said...

thanks for the update...you guys sure have alot of visitors...and i can't believe Lynn is about to graduate. Love it.

Katlyn Papa said...

I LOVE summers like that! Nothing like spending time with all the people you love!
School starting always makes things go a little more according to plan, and makes time for P90X! I'm jealous! I wish I had the motivation.
Hope you all end up back here when Lynn is done with school!

Annelise H. Jensen said...

what a fun summer, love the update. I wanna hear how P90X goes as well, I've been so tempted to buy it.