Thursday, May 12, 2011



The fam in downtown New Orleans, across from the mighty Mississippi.



Our future home... if we had a couple million dollars to spare...





The French Quarter







Jonah "window shopping"









Crossing the free pedestrian ferry across the Mississippi. (It wasn't really meant for tourists but anytime there is something for free, I will hunt it down and find it. This little gem of a crossing was about half a mile from the expensive tourist crossing by the French Quarter and saved us over $100.)











On the ferry.







If you've been to New Orleans, you know that you have to eat at Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter. They serve beignet's which are little square french doughuts covered in mounds of powdered sugar. I'd say I have some happy boys, wouldn't you?

























Ezra had to check out his belly to see if there was room for some more beignets.































The kids and Lynn in one of the many famous above ground cemeteries. They were really cool looking. I even found the name of a French ancestor in this cemetery!
































Ezra enjoying the boat ride in the swampland... Lookin' for gators!
















The Lousiana Bayou was gorgeous though much less animated than Princess and the Frog.

















































Found one! This gator jumped out of the water for us. He was hungry because he'd just come out of hibernation.















The guides put marshmallows on the end of sticks to feed the gators.

















So pretty!

































No comments: