
So since I'm not sending out Christmas cards this year, I thought I'd just post this year in review. 2007 was a very interesting year. Cora, 6, began first grade, which she loves and Granger, 4, started preschool, which he too loves. Jonah, 2, is the only true "Jones" and his colorful personality constantly reminds us of this. They are all truly amazing.
In March we took our family, including our three kids to Spain. We flew into/out of Madrid but rented a car and spent most of the time in the southern part of the country. We saw the Alhambra, a sultan's palace from the 1400's (think Aladdin), visited the rock of Gibraltar where wild apes jumped on our car in a quest for food, visited the tomb of Christopher Columbus and got lost in the crazy streets of Granada while trying to squeeze our car through "roads" where we literally had to pull our rearview mirrors in as to not scrape the sides of the car on the buildings. We are very lucky that our children are such great travelers.
In May I swam/rode/ran my first mini triathlon. It was crazy hard as I am not in the best of shape but it was SO fun! I think I might become addicted. Although I haven't gone running for a few months...
In July we went on a Hawaiian cruise (thanks Dad) with the rest of my siblings and their spouses. We left the kiddos at home with Grandma. The highlight of the trip was definitley the island of Kauai, the kayaking, hiking and helicopter ride. We had a blast but were WAY ready to get home to our kids.
In early August, WAY too early, Cora started 1st Grade. We found out we were expecting a FOURTH kiddo and were way excited.
In October we were able to take our family, including grandpa this time to Guatemala. It is beautiful country and the people were so amazingly kind and humble. We all loved it. The kids especially enjoyed passing out school supplies and candy to the children in the villages where we went. I think we wore out my dad quite a bit but it was great to spend time with him and bum off of his Spanish skills. He served his mission in Guatemala years ago so it was nice to kind of have an "inside view" to our travels.
In November we lost our little baby boy. We named him Lauson which means "son of Laurence". (Laurence is Lynn's father who passed away when Lynn was 14.) It has been a hard but growing experience.
Real estate has turned upside down and Lynn is pursuing a new career, which will really affect our lifestyle. We have been so blessed to spend so much time together the last couple of years, without Lynn having to be gone much, so this change is going to be hard for all of us. The decision won't be final until next week so if you keep checking back on this blog I'm sure I'll have more information.
This year has been a lot of fun, pretty crazy and, like everyone, interspersed with a few thorns. We are blessed to be healthy and happy. We love all of you, our family and friends and hope you are doing well. I really mean that. Have a very Merry Christmas!

4 comments:
Okay, your blog is SO much better than mine and much more interesting might I add. Keep us updated with Lynn's new career. That's crazy! So will he be completely done with real estate then? Anyways, we'll miss you for Christmas. Tatum helped pick out Granger and Jonah's presents tonight, so we hope they like them. Take care and I love ya girl!! Xandi (your most awesome and gnarly cousin from the West side ;-P).
Merry Christmas.
-dave j.
cameo- your kids are so beautiful. i haven't seen them since the bash at amy's! How fun to travel. we move alot, but not for fun!! Hope to see you and your soon!-kristal
I loved getting the update on you and the fam. How fun that you have been ALL those places! The kids sure are growing up fast.
Post a Comment