Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dinnertime...

So the other night we were sitting down to dinner and my boys were fighting over the last of the fried tofu, seasoned with fish salt and wrapped in seaweed and my husband said, "Do you think we eat normal?" I've been thinking about it. Tonight my husband was going through the checkout at a grocery store and as the clerk wrang up an item, she read "Bok choy? What do you use that for?" Is that really a bizarre food item? Just curious about what you all eat...

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

Rick would love to eat at your house. I like that kind of food too, but I tend to make more of the "comfort foods". We like those Paula Deen heart attacks on a plate. We do try to eat healthier selections at least three times a week, but never as healthy as tofu. That is one food I don't care for.

Team Caldwell said...

What CAN you do with Bok Choy? I would love to cook like that, but not being raised like that (oreo cookies when you walk in!) I wouldn't know what to do. It's hard too with just me and 2 kind of picky kids. Maybe you should post some recipes. I would try them.

Jodiane said...

Baby... i eat raw veggie shakes with snickers and recess on the side. Who am i to judge what we all eating. Love that your rocking the fried toufu...i never met anyone like that.

Sarah said...

I think we would eat more exotic foods if Nathaniel would eat it. I love tofu, seafood and lots of gourmet stuff (i.e., Iron Chef foods), but (in my words) Nathaniel eats farm boy food -- fried anything with mashed potatoes. Although Nathaniel has made tofu, for just me. When we were dating, he made me lobster--- and he didn't ask for a bit. I'm selffish when it comes to sharing my seafood.

TheShumWAYS said...

We haven't had fried tofu, but other people think we eat weird, what is normal anyway?

Kristina said...

It sounds like you guys are way into the healthy life! I would LOVE to eat & serve more healthy stuff, but honestly it's my husbands rolling of the eyes when I try, that makes me not even try. So count yourself lucky!

Darce said...

Yes, you eat weird food! Fish salt? What's that? And, I'll never forget the time you made me try that little, tiny fish--head and all. And, your kids were eating them like other kids eat Goldfish crackers! Yes, that's weird! But, hey, I love weird!