Friday, January 4, 2008
New Year's Day Fun!
So hopefully the first day of 2008 is not indicitive of the entire year. On Tuesday, Granger swallowed a quarter. I was paying some bills on the computer and Grae was in the same room as me and just started gagging. I grabbed him and took him to the garbage (it was the closest thing) so I wouldn't have to clean up throw up. I kept telling him, "Stop putting your fingers down your throat." I didn't know why he was doing it. He was having a hard time breathing and so I was kinda freaking out. I was completely confused. Between gags he told me he swallowed "money". I remembered him showing me a shiny quarter he found about 15 minutes before all this happened. Great. Four and a half year olds shouldn't swallow quarters. After finding my phone, car charger (of course my phone was dead) car keys, and three pairs of shoes for the kids (I think five of them were for the right foot), I packed my three kids in the car (Lynn was gone) and went to the Urgent Care. Grae was breathing fine by now but the Urgent Care was closed. Yes, there are downfalls to living in a small town, especially on a holiday. We drove to the E.R. in Show Low, about 20 minutes away. Grae fell into a deep sleep before we even left the town of Snowflake and I kept twisting around and flicking him to make sure he was still alive. I met Lynn at the hospital because he was in Show Low at the time doing some "business". When I went in, the nurse told me that there was nothing they could do and I should just go home and wait for nature to take it's course... Lynn said, "Great. Maybe we could get all our kids to crap money. Our financial worries would be solved!" So everytime Grae does his duty, all five of us crowd around the toilet bowl looking for something shiny. It's great family time. Well, it's Friday and we're still waiting....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Now this is the goodness i have been waiting for. A) i am glad your boy is still alive. B) I hope that passing the quarter isn't too painful for a 4 year old booty. C) you are still a great mom... sort of. I love you girl.
Boy kids sure make our life interesting! What would we do without them? By the way- next time one of your children swollow money or whatever- call me to keep your kids. Less shoe hunting and it's what I'm here for!! Melinda~
What fun! Easton swallowed a dime some years ago, but the hospital actually took xrays of her belly to make sure it wasn't lodged somewhere. They then sent me home and told me to watch for it. I checked for weeks but never did find it. I love what Lynn said about it. Too funny!
I told Jeff what Lynn said and he about lost it laughing so hard. Oh what a crazy experience!
It's about freaking time someone else's kids are in the ER. I mean Ethan's had staples. Hopefully Jonah will help you catch up to my boys... This is seriously great. I even love all the drama that was added. I really couldn't stop laughing... picturing you freaking out and throwing on the kids' shoes. Man, aren't boys great?
Cameo I'm so excited to get to see your blog! What an adorable family you have! And what amazing adventures! How do you get to travel that much?? We havn't been on a "couples" trip in 2 years & I'm dying! SOOOOO good to see you!
Guess we left a little too early. Sorry Cameo!!! Wish we had still been there to help with the craziness
You are too funny Cam! Loved the description!
Post a Comment