Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Greatest Show on Earth

So our bargain hunter Cameo found half price tickets to the circus. Having gone to the circus as a kid she wanted to give our kids a chance to see what she remembered when she was young. The kids where so excited, it was fun just to watch them. Granger told us before the circus he was going to be an acrobat when he grew up. After watching all of the death defying stunts high above the ground he rethought his career choice. He had a very concerned look on his face most of the circus and when Cameo and I asked him if he still wanted to be an acrobat he said he didn't know, pointing out that the acrobats could easily die doing what they were doing. I don't think Granger is willing to take that chance. Cora's favorite part was the animals of course and Jonah was so inspired he started showing me all the tricks he could do on the rails in front of us after the show had been going only 15 minutes. It was a great time.

2 comments:

Darce said...

How fun!!! I'm jealous! I've been waiting to take the girls to the circus. We got free tickets when they were born, and I've been saving them until they were old enough to appreciate it. Guess next summer, huh?

Stoddard Family said...

What a fun family time! I remember going to the circus as a kid and loving it. Your kids are going to have the best memories of their childhood. Thank you guys for inspiring me to be a funner parent.