Monday, November 10, 2008

Self-esteem Booster

Tonight, while watching TV with Granger, a commercial came on for Hydroxy-cut. After watching the commercial with the before and after pictures, Granger said to me, "Hey mom, maybe you should get that." That's not really something I wanted to hear, especially being somewhat self-conscious of my five-month pregnant body. "Thanks," I said, "Are you saying I'm fat?" He paused and then said, "No, I just thought you might want it." with a smile. Now mind you, this is the same child that came running into the kitchen after watching a Life-Alert commercial screaming, "Mom, you have to get this for Grandma. Come see!" Ah, through the mouths of babes...

2 comments:

Xandi said...

Oh my gosh..you really had me laughing out loud on this one. Tatum grabbed my fat rolls the other day and just started smacking away and I asked her what she was doing. She had told me a long time ago that I had looked pregnant and I'm sure she remembered that had hurt my feelings (mind you I've gained a few pounds in the past months now that we are headed for colder weather). She just had this guilty I'm not going to really tell you the truth look on her face and she wouldn't really answer me. I was fine it was left at that :).

Darce said...

I think every mother can relate to this post! I've recieved comments just like these, and I guess the only thing to learn: is honesty really the best policy? Or, if you really want to know the truth, ask your kid (not your husband)!!!