Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!

This year we decided to go all out and have the most amazing, ginormous, exquisite tree ever! (Just picture the Christmas tree in the Nutcracker).





We left our artificial tree in the attic in Snowflake because it just took up too much room. We decided not to have a tree because we were spending the holiday in Arizona and then I read an advertisement for a REAL $14 tree! I decided we should go for it. Pretty pathetic, I know. We put it on a box to give it some height, with a nice pan of water underneath and since we didn't have a tree stand (not that it would fit in one anyway) Lynn tied some very festive green string around it and hung it from our curtain rod in the living room. A Christmas tree tied to a curtain rod? You'd better believe it. It's all good though. We're getting more in touch with our "white trash" side these days. The kids don't seem to mind. They don't even seem to notice that our tree looks like the top of a tree someone discarded because it was a couple feet too tall for their house. I'm thinking with the recession and all this look might "catch on". What do you think?

5 comments:

Miss Risa's House said...

I love it!

Unknown said...

Sometimes the kids care less then adults do way to many times. As I can see your kids don't know that its even winter...In Colorado. Shorts??

Jodiane said...

looking good.... you guys are living the dream

Jeanette said...

You might be a redneck if your Christmas tree is tied up to your curtain rod! I love it and kids never care about that sort of thing. Any tree is great for them. One year I made our tree by taping lights to the wall in the shape of a tree and hanging ornaments on them. Kind of silly but the kids loved it just the same.
Can't wait to see you guys!

Darce said...

I thought I was the only one who had a tree tied to the curtain rod! On my mission we did that because it freakin' wouldn't stand up by itself! The most awesome part of that tree was that when we got it home we found a bird's nest in it--no eggs and no bird, but a nest! It was pretty awesome--considering we had very few ornaments. Who ever heard of a tree with a ready-made ornament?! Pretty cool. Aren't memories the best--making them and recalling them. This will be a tree you will never forget. Can't wait to see you guys!