Thursday, September 17, 2009

P90what?

Since several people have asked, here's a P90X update...

Today was day 31. We are still doing it. It is intense. I'm sure it adds to the intensity that I was/am completely out of shape and not really in the category of the people who are supposed to do extreme workouts but I'm such an impatient person, I couldn't really work my way into it. So far the results are good. They are less than I'd like them to be but I'm sure that's because when you start out SO completely out of shape, it takes a bit longer...

Lynn looks hot! He's not where he wants to be either but looks noticeably different. We both laugh when we see a muscle in our arms while brushing our teeth that we've never noticed before or a calf muscle barely poking its poor long-forgotten self out there while shaving my legs, etc. I have a long way to go but it's a good start. So we have only 59 days left and I'd bet that we'll make it. The workouts actually aren't the hardest part although they take up an hour to an hour and a half each day. The food is much harder, not because we don't like it (it tastes great) but because it is so time consuming to plan and prepare. Most of the food is stuff we ate before anyway, with some minor changes, but it totally cuts out any convenience foods. It sucks not being able to run to Little Ceasars or Taco Bell if you're in a time crunch. It'll be nice when we can get back to some convenience foods in moderation at the end of this. It must be working a little though because although we didn't take measurements beforehand, we've both lost inches and about ten pounds.

Wish us luck and eat a super, duper, gooey, chocolatey, warm cookie or fudgey, chewy double caramel brownie for us (or two). Mmmmm.

8 comments:

Shellie said...

Congratulations, sounds like you are doing great! I'll think of you every time I eat chocolate and eat it in your name.

TheShumWAYS said...

Where did you find the cheapest place to purchase it?
Will you email me the info?

Johnson Family said...

Cameo...you are my hero. Maybe one of these days I'll actually put more than 2 weeks together.

pcwajjs1 said...

Good for you. Paul and I will have to find out more about this when we get home. Our eating habits as well as workouts are way off course. We're a mess. Love you!

pcwajjs1 said...

Surprise....that last comment went through. I didn't think it would. Maybe I need to use Paul's email all the time. Sure love you all.

Tee said...

Wow, good job!! That is totally intense and crazy! I have actually noticed you (Cameo) looking trimmer. I haven't seen Lynn enough to notice, though.

What kind of workouts do you do??

Melinda said...

You guys are awesome! keep up the good work! I couldn't walk this morning 'cuz Ray is sick so I made myself work out....boy it's not fun and it only took like 20 minutes! I'm a wimp! Can't wait until we see you! Just a little more than a month now woo hoo!

Jenny said...

My Brother does P90x, or whatever it's called and has had great results. He loves it. I hope it makes all your dreams come true like the infomercial shows!