Sunday, June 6, 2010

Buzz, buzz, buzzzzzz




Cora's a genius. What can I say? What kind of a mom wouldn't glote in her own offspring's accomplishments? I don't know but not me. So here I go. Glote, glote, glote! Cora won third place in her third grade spelling bee. We are very proud. She got a bit nervous and added a random Y to the end of the word that made her get out. She said she didn't notice until then that there were only two other kids left and she realized that the top three got a trophy and she was in the top three! She got so excited she threw in a Y after she spelled her word correctly and then, before the judges said anything, hit herself on the head with her hand. Oh my daughter, you are as goofy as me. Afterward she told me that she must've gotten her smarts from me because she knows dad can't spell worth diddly. (Am I old enough to use the word diddly?) Anyway, now when dad is doing his homework and yells out, "How do you spell such-and-such?" Cora proudly answers with confidence instead of me...

2 comments:

arianne said...

As I was reading this post all about Cora's awesome spelling powers that she inherited from you I asked Dave, "That's not how you spell gloat, is it?" And he said, "Well I am sure Cameo misspelled it to be funny." So I am going with him on that one. You are hilarious. And way to go, Cora!!

arizonamama said...

Of course I misspelled glote, I mean gloat. What kind of fool do you think I am?