Thursday, September 8, 2011

Summer 2011 Part VII

We had a 4th of July party and invited friends/family. Lots of kids, cousins and fireworks.


Lynn's co-worker invited us to run a half-marathon in Bryce, Utah with her and her husband. We somehow talked our brother-in-law, Dave, into running it with us. It was a lot of fun. I might even be tempted to do it next year too.

Dave, Me and Lynn at 5:00 am (4:00 AZ time) ready to begin our race!

This is the only shot Lynn got of me after finishing the race. He finished 12 minutes before me and thought I'd be much further behind so he wasn't ready with the camera when I crossed the finish line. I guess it serves me right because I didn't take any pictures of him when he ran a marathon a few years ago.
Lynn after finishing...



Dave after finishing...






Post-race photo. Someone must've said something funny because I just remember it hurting! Not sure how I pulled off a smile. Although it was a lot of fun to do it together.


These are our friends (Lynn's co-worker) who told us about the race. She just had a baby a few months before!





No comments: