Saturday, September 24, 2011

Up and back



















One of the many things I love about this man is that if we wants something, he will do whatever it takes to achieve it. He's wanted to hike the Grand Canyon for years now but life has always gotten in the way. You need a reservation if you are going to stay overnight in the park (at the bottom of the trail). You have to make that reservation early. Well Lynn decided he didn't have the luxury of planning a year ahead of time so he was just going to go down and back the same day. He called his friend, a fellow freedom living fly-by-the-seat-of-year pants vagabond, who was immediately in for the adventure. The two of them left late Sunday night (so they could spend all day with their families). They slept in the car outside of Flagstaff that night and drove into the park Monday morning. They hiked down and back on Monday and then drove home Monday night. Yeah, Lynn was a little sore on Tuesday but he was happy to have crossed that one off of his list. Living the dream... living your dream. I love it.











This sign was on the trail at several points warning of the extreme danger of hiking to the bottom and back in one day. It expressly tells you not to attempt it. I guess they didn't realize Nate and Lynn are Super Studs.













2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that Lynn got a picture of that sign. And I'm glad he wasn't as sore as Nate who had a hard time moving for the rest of the week. BTW calling Nate a vagabond is totally encouraging him. From the previous post Whats the big plan you decided to do. When do you leave etc??

Darce said...

Tht's pretty cool! I didn't know he did that--I miss talking to you on a more regular basis!!!