
I realize a new post is overdue. What can I say? I have been incredibly busy with late night rendezvous with other dashing couples, having medical emergencies for my little ones and celebrating the bling of a ten year anniversary. Also Lynn has had finals this week. He did awesome! Way to go our nursing student! His last final is Monday but Cora is starting to think he might be smart after all. (She always hears Lynn ask me how to spell things and she has started to answer for me. He he...) He might not be able to spell but so far he has straight A's!
Some people in the ward invited us over to dinner last Sunday. Come to find out that they read my blog, must've felt incredibly sorry for my Coloradan sadness, and all of a sudden we've been invited to dinner at another person's home again this Sunday. Hmmm.... Better be careful what you put on your blog. Oh well, who can pass up a yummy free dinner? It actually was very good and like I've said before, the people here are really awesome and great company. So if any of you want to know our secret to being invited over to people's homes for dinner, just write a blog about how much you dislike your new home and life and wahlah! instant invitations!
Okay, so that explains the late night rendezvous (8:30 is late when you have youngin's) the medical emergency was that Granger lost his first tooth yesterday! Kinda early I thought, but he's super cute without it. That dang toothfairy is horribly forgetful around our house though. It usually takes two or three nights to convince her to show up. Hopefully tonight... Also I had an ultrasound on Wednesday. Everything looks okay so far. No placenta abruption detected yet so hopefully things will continue smoothly. (For those that don't know I have a higher risk of that happening again.) Prayers are always appreciated.
So Lynn and I have officially been married ten years now, on 9/11. Yes, I know it's not the most romantic day to celebrate a holiday but we were married three years before the famous 9/11 and sadly didn't have a magic ball to tell us what a dreadful day it would be to try to go celebrate for the rest of our life. It's awful to walk into a restraunt on the evening of 9/11 and watch the hostess and waiter's mouths drop as we walk in and ask for a table in the completely empty establishment. They're thinking, "Are you not American? What is wrong with you? What in the world could you be celebrating?" I'm pretty sure they spit into our food every time. Actually, we'll do the official celebration next week while we're in Greer when we have babysitters for a couple of nights. We're excited to see a lot of our friends and family there. Love you guys!
Oh, I forgot. Lynn is in New York City right now with Chris. They went to go to a Yankee's game in the official historic Yankee Stadium last night! How exciting! Uh... it got rained out. At least the hot dog was good he said...

8 comments:
It is really funny to hear that the tooth fairy doesn't come on the first night at other peoples houses. I thought it was only our tooth fairy. My kids don't usually find their money under their pillow, it almost always falls under their bed, and Mom finds it;) I am glad to hear that everything is going well with you and baby. We will continue to put you guys in our prayers.
Yeah for the update! That "dang, darn" tooth fairy--always showing up late. Must be a girl-thing!? I can't wait to see Granger's lost tooth! And, I'm glad to hear that at least the hot dog was good! Pretty funny about that! Excited to see you!
Great post! I love hearing about you guys. Hooray for Lynn's straight A's, the healthy pregnancy, Granger's first lost tooth, and New York hot dogs (I love NY hot dogs).
We can't wait to see you guys!
Glad everything is ok with baby. Sounds like life is busy busy! Crazy that they go all that way and it gets rained out, what a bummer
You guys are all so clever about the tooth fairy. I think you're all so funny, too! What great ideas! I can hardly wait to see Grae without his tooth. He is young to lose it though... Did he bump it? I don't remember him getting his baby teeth early. Darce did at 4 months and lost her first tooth before age 6, too. And I'm so proud of Lynn doing so well on his exams. He's going to be a great nurse! And I'm so glad people are inviting you over for dinner and to get to know them better. That is wonderful! I love your blog. Thank you for it! Mom
You know you need to think that you brought happiness to that date! Even if it was before the sadness! Cuz I can't think of anything better then you two being married for all eternity!So lets celibrate this day as a GREAT one as it should be cuz your the best couple I know!
Hey that lamp looks familiar! Did you know that its grandma Coopers? also I think you need to celibrate your date as the best of all ! Cuz I think you are the perfect couple!
So good to hear about the baby, and we'll keep ya in our prayers. Love the dinner story. I agree, good way to make friends and get free food!
Post a Comment