Sunday, October 26, 2008

365 to go!!




So when I first started school I had Cameo make up these little cards for me. There are actually two different types of cards here. One to mark off the days from when I started school to when I'm done with school and one that marks off the weeks. Cameo ridiculed me heavily for making such cards but I love them. I made similar cards on my mission. It's kind of the equivalent of scratching marks in the wall when you're in prison. I've actually never been to prison so I don't know that for sure nor would I describe my mission or my time at school as prison persay but I find them very helpful. I'm a goal oriented person and one of the best ways for me to achieve my goals is by being able to chart my progress. It really helps on some of the really hard days to be able to look back at my nice green and orange markings and see how far I've come. Even Cameo has gained interest and will occasionally ask how many days have gone by.


All that being said, today is a big day. It is exactly one year from today that I will graduate! Time really is starting to fly by, especially now that I've started clinicals. Speaking of which, I have to go to bed because I have clinicals at 5:30 am tomorrow. I mark my clinical days off with an added measure of satisfaction. Good night.

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

Congratulations! I can't wait until you are all done and back here with us where you belong.

Jodiane said...

Lynn, for some reason you are a very interesting man. I love the charts and I am a goal oriented person too. i might make me a chart too, but i have like 932 days left or something. Who knows. maybe i need a chart to tell me.

Darce said...

Yeah! We're counting the days, too! Can't wait for you to be back here--"where you belong" (like Jeanette says!)!!!

Renee said...

I'm so proud of you Lynn... we're all proud of you.

Drewmeister said...

Congrats!