Friday, October 24, 2008

Ultrasound update

Yesterday we went to have "the" ultrasound. First off, let me say that our baby seemed healthy and to be growing right on target. Although I swear this is the most docile kid around. Just sits there and doesn't want to move so the ultrasound tech had a hard time seeing what gender it was. Anyway, I had been thinking it was a boy for the last month or two and so I was trying to prepare Cora for that possibility. She really wants a sister and told me that if it's just another brother, she'd rather get a dog. Poor kid. Anyway so while we're trying to figure out what we're having, I see the heartbeat, right around 145 and so Lynn and I are pretty sure it's a boy. (Besides the fact that I've been eating pickles and olives and everything salty I can get my hands on.) Then the tech says, "I can't see for sure but I have a guess." I said, "What percentage of likelihood would you give yourself?" She says,. "95%." So then she says, "I think it's a boy." Jonah says, "I knew it!" He had been telling us that all along. Granger smiles and says, "We'll be crazy, all these boys swinging off the roof and trees!" Although he was hoping for a girl, he didn't seem to mind and then poor Cora just puts her head back, tears welling in her eyes and tries not to cry. Then the tech gets a better look and just confirms what she already thought. "Yeah, that's a boy part." Later, the tech leaves to get the doctor (I'll post about that in a second) and Cora puts her head on my chest. I tell her, you'll love your baby brother and he'll love you." She looks up at me with watery eyes and says, "She only said 95%, not 100%." Lynn told her that eventually we'll get her a girl dog. That seemed to help a little. So there you have it. Another boy. That makes four boys in a row. Crazy.

On a side note, although this is quite personal I wanted to blog about a little more. We could still use your prayers. I have been spotting again. The doctor thinks it's a low-lying placenta but nothing too serious. For me, however, it feels serious. I think things will be okay but the more people we know the more prayers we get and I believe in the amazing power of prayer. Anyway, thanks for your concern and love and I know the right thing will happen with this baby too. We already have one angel baby in heaven and hopefully that's all we need right now.

15 comments:

Jeanette said...

Congratulations! Ha-Ha Lynn if you keep making these boy babies you're going to end up with a dog for sure. I love it.
You've got our prayers for a healthy, happy outcome.
Jillene gets her ultrasound today. If Liam doesn't get a brother I'm afraid his head will be hanging as low as Cora's.

Unknown said...

Poor Cora. Hopefully she'll be happy anyways. I hope that everything turns out okay.

The Easton Family said...

Of course we'll keep you in our prayers! Please, please, please call me if you ever need help with anything at all! And hopefully there's a very girlie dog out there somewhere for Cora! Four boys in a row are cool! It will be great to have three little guys running around your house together...we love it! :)

Stoddard Family said...

Congrats on the boy!! I am very sorry for Cora, that is how Tim felt with Annie. We will definitely keep you and the baby and your family in our prayers.

Carter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melinda said...

Congrats on the boy! It only means you have to do this again to get your girl! 5 is a good #....well we'll see. I'm glad Cora has so many girl cousins close to her age! We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers! We love you guys! Melinda

Travis & Kalee Tenney said...

Congratulations! I will pray for you : ) Take care - Kalee

Cedar said...

I've got a girl dog you can have anyday. Maybe I could just leave her here for you. HA! Congrats on the news. I can't wait to hear what other cool name you guys will come up with:) You are for sure in our thoughts and prayers. Take it easy and hang in there!! We love and miss you guys!!

Xandi said...

You are definitely in our prayers as always "Camel". We love you and are happy your boy looks healthy. I started my cycle a few days ago, so it didn't happen again. Hopefully soon though :). Take care and call me sometime.

Jenny said...

A sister several years younger would be perfect! She wouldn't have to worry about sharing clothes with her. That was always the beef I had with my little sister.

You are in our thoughts and prayers. I

Rundells said...

We will keep you in our prayers. My son can relate to Cora. He as three sisters. When I was pregnant with the last he wanted a brother so bad but you should see him with his little sister. She is his little shadow. He gets rough with her at times but they are the best buds. I told him he will be a great husband someday because he will really understand girls. Hope and pray everything will turn out for you. By the way I'm Lynn's cousin Coree.

TheShumWAYS said...

congrats! Boys are so fun, and you make cute ones:)

4boyzmdmom said...

Hi, I'm Lynn's cousin--I've been enjoying your blog! We have four boys (no girls) and my boys want a dog. I told them if we ever get a dog, it will have to be a GIRL so that I won't be the only female in the house anymore! We will be praying for your new little guy. We have an "angel baby" too, and one is definitely enough!

Lorin and Marilyn said...

We sure did enjoy your visit and meeting your cute family.
I remember Shaunda being very upset when she found out Christy was "another girl". At least Christy turned out to be a tomboy.
Our prayers are with you.

Sarah said...

Well Cameo! I've probably called enough freaking out about you... so I thought I'd better write. I'm actually relieved you're having a boy bc I'm not having any luck having a girl. I'm hoping Nathaniel can talk his little guys into slowing down a bit so the girls have a chance... when we try again. Of course you are in our prayers. Miss you guys. And I'm glad Lynn enjoyed Halloween. Samuel took the boys trick or treating until 9:30pm. He's just as bad. I remember Lynn and Adam going after their missions. Gotta love boys that never grow up.