Thursday, March 12, 2009

"Dad's a nurse!"


I was in my room studying as usual and I could hear the boys playing outside my door. After a while I could tell something was wrong but I was trying to ignore them and concentrate on the chapter about the female reproductive system and birthing process that I was thoroughly enjoying (heavy, heavy sarcasm). I then heard Granger say to Jonah, "I know. Let's go to dad. He's a nurse!" Technically, I'm only half a nurse because I'm only halfway through my program, maybe not even that far because I still have to pass the national boards after I graduate, but the kids don't know that. So after a while, Granger and Jonah come bursting through my door and asking me if I can help them with their medical emergency. It seems Leonardo suffered severe trauma when dropped from the top of the stairs onto the tile. I'm afraid he sustained too many injuries and although it's not usually the nurse's place to do so, I pronounced him DOA. Let this be a lesson to you all. Although there have been many advances in modern medicine, there is no cure better than prevention and even mutant reptiles can meet an untimely demise if they're not careful.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Give the boys my condolences.

Jodiane said...

i like the picture the best...i forgot you were such a great photographer...you got lots of skills. I want the realator/gallary owner/photographer/nurse...to come together in the next few years. Miss you guys

The Easton Family said...

Thanks for the nice cookies guys! (Evan was TOTALLY kidding!) Congratulations on baby boy...glad to hear it all went well. I missed you by a day, Cameo--I got to Aurora at about 2on Monday! Sorry I'm not home this week to help you with kids and food and stuff!