
So last month the doctor told us that the baby was breach. She said to go home and to lay on an ironing board against a couch or stairs so my head was below my stomach... and that it might help the baby flip. I thought it sounded kinda odd but what the heck did I have to lose? I did not want to have this baby cesarean. So after doing my own internet research on what has worked for other people, we came up with this concoction. The frozen bag of vegetables is supposed to make him want to move away from the cold. Then I read that if you talk to the area where you want his head to be, he might flip towards the sound and that it really works if you concentrate the sound through a paper towel roll and have familiar voices. The kids really wanted to help in all of this so they took turns talking through the roll to the baby. They kept saying things like, "Hey, come here. It's a lot warmer this way." And Jonah kept saying, "Come out!" We would say, "No, no. Don't say that. It's not time. Say turn around." So he'd say, "Okay, okay. My turn." and directly into the paper towel roll as loud as he could, "Come out!" The whole charade was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing but desperate times call for desperate measures... If anything, the kid was shaken to death with all my laughter. Perhaps that is what helped him to turn. Who knows, but the doctor says now he's no longer breach and I don't have to have a cesarean. Yeah!
5 comments:
That is stinking hilarious!! I love it :)
You are so freakin lucky he turned. Tatum was frank breech from 23 weeks on and stayed that way (her head was faced in). I tried hanging upside down, version, everything but that fancy trick. I remember people would ask me if I felt her kick and I said I would feel this big rolling sensation under my boobs (which was her big ol' head..which was big) and that was it. Her legs would shoot up to her ears every time I tried to change her diaper for about 2 wks after lol. I am so dreading another c-section (if and when we get preg. with our next one)..although my second c-section was not as bad as my first for some reason...okay..long comment..:))
Love it Cam! You guys make me laugh! Glad you posted about this--definitely post-worthy!
What a hoot. Who says those medical journals are right..or wrong. Probably the poor little baby was doing cartwheels inside just laughing at all of you, that's why he turned.
What a great picture. It brings back memories. All of my babies were breech, and this trick worked with the first four. I did it twice a day until they turned. My last two were stubborn and I needed a C-section. I am glad he turned for you.
Post a Comment