Thursday, June 11, 2009

Days like that...

So today was just one of those days that happen every so often - more often than not - in the lives of a mother. For those of you who don't care about the mundane lives of motherhood, do not read this post. It's not for anyone else anyway, it's for me and my children to know that I DO understand because I was there once too.

Ezra cried all morning. It wasn't just a little fuss, it was an angry, painful cry and his body was as though rigamortis had set in. It's not in his nature to cry that way so I was extra worried and frazzled. I had set in my mind that I was going to exercise and clean the house so I woke up, put on a crazy-tight sports bra that although I logically know I cannot fit into post-pregnancy I can't seem to accept, and ended up staying in it for seven hours before I was able to exercise. It became permanently embedding in my chest. By then all grandios thoughts of jogging to the park had gone out the window and I settled for a Wii aerobics game and only got through five minutes before Jonah was upset that he didn't get his turn on the Wii and so I just gave up and let him play. I made lunch while balancing a screaming baby in one arm and peanut butter in the other and got both baby spit up and Jif all over my sports bra. I snapped at Granger when he asked if all he got for lunch was a PB & J sandwich and then I unwrapped some old disgusting fake-cheese I found in the back of the fridge and put it on the kid's plates. I almost totally lost it when Cora threw it away without even taking a bite and told her if she wasted food without even tasting it, it was coming out of her allowance (all $1 of it that I occassionally remember to give her). Then the tornado siren warning went off and we all had to go down to the basement although for a brief moment I contemplated going to the second story instead.

It got better though when Lynn came home. He took Ezra, made dinner and told me to go take a bath (I hadn't been able to leave Ezra long enough to do that for the past two days since Lynn has had his 12 hour clinicals and I know I smelled and looked like a rat.) So I took a bubble bath, read the Ensign and when I got out, dinner was ready and Lynn even picked up after himself. Not a bad ending to a crazy day. Anyway, sometimes I have days like that...

Oh, and not a single bit of cleaning got done.

4 comments:

Terry and Heather said...

Cora looks so beautiful in her dress! Your going to have your hand full when she gets into High School!!

And Granger oh my, makes me smile so big to see him and how grown up he looks, he'll always be my favorie little primary boy! Patted my stomach once and said I was getting fat, really 8 months pregnant! Aww I love that boy!

Also your post days like that, Your amazing that you can handle 4 kids, I have days where Titan just wears my patients to the ground and I get so mad at him that I just have to go put him in his crib and walk away for a while, so I know some of what what your going thru. But then we have those days where we love being a mom and love our little kids and how they have such a sweet spirit about them and how there our's forever even if we so want to give them back sometimes. Keep trucking along, cause your a example to me and to other's I'm sure!

Heather..

Tell G I said hi and that I miss him!

Hollist Family said...

It's so reasurring to hear about days like that. It happens to us all. I read a few of your posts. How special about the baptism and blessing. Cora looked beautiful. And all the camping and birthday pictures. You have a special family. Sure miss you guys...

Starr Phippen said...

I'm glad I'm not the only Mom who has days that make her want to lock herself in a closet! Miss you!

Darce said...

Love you Cam! Well-written, and it made me laugh! I hear you on days like that--we do ALL have them! Loved it! Thanx for being real.