Sunday, June 6, 2010

Gila Valley trip



































































Yes, another post. I'm playing catchup I tell you. A couple of weeks ago we went camping up on Mount Graham. We had gotten tickets to the Gila Valley Temple dedication and didn't want to miss an opportunity to take our children through the temple before it was dedicated. And I'm glad we did! I don't understand how people think Mormons are so secretive. There it all was laid out right before whoever wanted to see it. Each room had an explanation to what it was used for and, having been to the temple myself, it was right on. It was beautiful! Not just physically, which it was, but there was such a beautiful feeling within the walls of the temple. My kids kept talking about how nice it felt inside. It really did. It's just the kind of place where you want to be when you are making those special covenants with Heavenly Father and your family. That's what the temple is all about. Family. Sealing our families to each other for eternity. Promising to do what is right so we can have eternal families... It's a beautiful thing.

Anyway, since we were making the three hour trip to go to the temple for a Saturday viewing, we decided to go down on Friday to go camping. We took along our super yacht (yeah, we've got one) and were thinking about camping at the lake there. Once we got there though, we decided the camp spots were not to our liking so we drove up on Mount Graham. After a few miles, we took a side road along the mountain and just stopped and camped where the road ended. It was a beautiful view of the valley and city below and not another camper in sight! (Our kind of camping.) The kids, aka monkies, enjoyed a little rock climbing before bed.

The next morning, after playing in a mountain creek and eating watermelon, we met up with my brother and his family at the lake. Remember the super yacht? Yeah, we had to show it off. We also enjoyed a bit of nudity at the hot spring there. Thank you, Bo. Then we met up with my sister and her family to eat fabulous Mexican food at El Charro. What a great day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lynn,

Is the Super Yacht the one we took the kids on in downtown Denver? Looks like it was a sweet trip!

N

arianne said...

That creek looks awesome. And I would take a naked baby over a naked grown hippie man and woman any day. I am jealous we missed this trip. How fun!

TheShumWAYS said...

I am jealous for sure since I didn't get to go to my own hometown for this. Excited to come for a visit:)

Gayle Cooper Bramwell said...

Can picture your family doing these wonderful things together. You make life good in your own special way not matter what. Love you...