I'm kind of a stingy mom. I know. I only let my kids have a real birthday party, with invitations and everything a few times during their lifetime. The first official birthday party is when they turn five. After that, it's every three years after. With four kids, I figure that'll mean I'll have a birthday party to plan for every year and some years, two parties so that's my max. Sorry. I love 'em but that's the best I can do.
This year Jonah wanted to have a pirate party. He remembered Granger's fifth birthday party (also a pirate party) was in this house the week before we moved to Colorado. What can I say? We rock pirate parties and Jonah remembered how awesome it was. Here are a few pics from the big day.

3 comments:
Good idea on spreading out the parties...it makes them appreciate it more too, probably. What a fun pirate party! Great job on the cake! Happy Birthday Jonah!!!
Growing up we got a real party with friends at 4, 8 and 12 years plus one extra whenever we chose. Considering there were eight kids in my family, that was pretty generous! We did them at home, too, with a theme with clever themed invitations, decorations, games, cake, etc. Those are some of my happiest memories from my childhood and I didn't feel deprived at all that I didn't have one every year. It was a bigger deal because you only had a few. So you are doing a great job!! My older brother had a pirate party one year that I still remember--I thought it was so cool. I've tried to get one of my boys to let me do a pirate party for them but so far no luck!
Oh, and I adopted the same policy as my parents had for us growing up. My kids only get 4 parties total with friends. It's plenty! Your pirate party looks very cool. I love the cake!
Post a Comment