Monday, May 26, 2008

Hijacking to report

I have heard many of you complain about the lack of effort Cameo puts into her blog. I too have been frustrated through the years at her lack of womanly skill when it comes to documenting the history of our family. She almost never takes pictures unless a gun is put to her head. As you know she rarely Blogs and she couldn’t be forced to scrapbook even if the life of one of our children was at stake. So I am highjacking her blog.

As you know the last year has been a little crazier than most in the Johnson house. (That’s saying a lot, as most people think we are always crazy.) After losing most all of the money we have made over the last 8 plus years our hands have been forced. We have taken drastic moves to ensure a prosperous and lasting future for the Johnson team. That’s what our kids call us. So I am moving away from real estate and going back to school to become a nurse. That’s right a nurse. I never would have guessed it and neither would anyone who knows me but through an actual miracle I’m excited to be heading down this path.

All of this brings me to where we are right now. I’m sitting on the banks of the Colorado River in Utah, outside of Arches National Park. What does one thing have to do with the other you might ask? Well we are renting our house in Snowflake and had agreed to move out on the 15th of May. We had agreed to this after looking on the Internet for rentals in Denver. We saw a few that we thought would work only to find out when we came up to Denver that all the houses we had seen were in gettoville. So unless we want to practice our Matrix skills dodging the drive by bullets we are going to pay a lot more for rent then we had planed. I guess that’s what you get for making decisions based solely on Internet info. So now that we had to move out of our house we had the choice to either move to Denver and pay for an expensive house and sit around for a month waiting for school to start or for the same price we could stay in our motorhome and travel the country.

Cameo’s mom told me when we first started dating that she did not approve. Her chief complaint being that I was “ a vagabond”. That’s a direct quote. Well for at least for a month, I guess I’m proving her right. So stay tuned to the blog over the next month to see where we are and where we’re going next.

2 comments:

Renee said...

I love you Lynn and I'm proud of you and grateful for the kind of father and husband you are (even if you don't like pets!). You are the best, and even if you are a "bit" of a vagabond, your family is blessed to have you, and I'm blessed that you are part of my family. Love, Mom

Jeanette said...

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad you'll be blogging so I can see what's up with y'all!