Time to do a little update. We have been without internet for a long time and have been so busy moving we haven't had time to keep up. So let me recap a little. After Zion we headed to Las Vegas. My brother Ben had a condo there so we decided to visit for a bit. It was nice to see all our Snowflake cousins again. It was a little cazy with 20 or so people in a 950 square foot apartment but after our time in the motorhome it felt down right spacious to us. (Our kids even managed to play hide-and-seek in the motorhome a few times. You can only pretend to not know they're hiding in the bathroom the first few times.)
I've got to say though Vegas is not my favorite place. It always makes me sad for all the people who get sucked into all the hype and end up in the gutter. We were driving down the strip one day and looking at these huge fancy hotels with all the glits and glamour and I have to admit it is impressive. Then we turned down one of the streets just behind the strip and Cameo made the point that "This was the real Vegas." It was all crappy buildings and old apartments, run down cars and run down people. It's easy to get pulled in by the flash out front but if you get sucked in you just end up worn out and used up out back. Kinda sad.
Anyway I'll let Cameo tell you about the move later.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I really agree vegas kinda scares me. BTW toady I was talking to my brother in law and I said they are building a new jr. high here and he said really are you going to be here that long. So it is always my hope that we will be here (anywhere) for a long time so no matter where i live i always think this is where we are going to really live. It hasn't worked so far.
Post a Comment