Saturday, June 14, 2008

Zion

Zion has been great. We have been able to go on a few easy hikes with our kids and it's even more beautiful than I remember. They have a great shuttle system that is new since the last time we were here. It takes you to all the major trailheads and attractions so we've been able to just park our motorhome at our camp sight and go. It's been nice to save the gas. We finally had to go over the 4 dollar a gallon mark right before we got here. ($4.05 PAINFUL)

The highlight for me was when Cameo let me take off for a little on my own and I did some hiking in the Narrows. There is no trail because the canyon walls are so close together you actually have to walk in the river. It is awesome to stand in freezing cold water and look up to the tops of cliffs 300 to 400 feet above you in some places.

1 comment:

Xandi said...

We are now at $4.17 for unleaded here..have been for a few weeks now. I'm sure it will keep going up..ugh!