Thursday, June 5, 2008

Apology from the editors

The editors of this blog would like to correct an error posted in a previous installment. Lynn has not been to all fifty states. Cameo was hasty in her research and great efforts will be made in the future to avoid any further gross errors.

North Dakota does represent for me a great accomplishment. I have now been to all but one state. Visiting North Dakota is significant however because, no offense to the fine people of North Dakota, I could never think of one good reason to visit this great state. The little corner of it I have seen is pretty in its own way with small rolling hills covered in a grass of deep green that we rarely or never see in Arizona. Every so often a tree will break from the rolling plains for a little diversity to what would otherwise seem an endless inland sea of green each new hill representing its own wave. Despite its beauty I still don’t see a reason to visit again so I am very happy that we decided to detour 177 miles off track so I can cross it off my list.

This may be a silly pursuit but I have many silly things I would like to accomplish in my life and visiting all fifty states is one of them. Now with Florida the lone State I have yet to conquer I am confident that, if a can avoid a premature demise, my goal will be reached.
This has left me to wonder what I should pursue next. Of course I still have to trek to the base camp of Everest but I am confident that that too will happen. So what next? I have considered extending my pursuits to visiting all U.S. controlled territories. Puerto Rico, American Samoa etc. Perhaps I should try and make sure all of my kids visit all fifty states. Very tempting. Of course visiting every continent is a very exciting prospect as well. I’m not sure where to go with this so any and all suggestions would be helpful. I look forward to hearing your ideas.
-Lynn

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was telling Nate the other day Lynn has now been to all 50 states he called me a liar saying they aren't in flordia. So thanks for proving nate right.

Xandi said...

We are far from visting all 50 states, but we have in fact been to Florida twice. Orlando and then Miami. You've gotta do the whole Walt Disney World thing if you ever make it to Orlando. You aren't missing much in Miami though..