So here we are. This is freakin' nuts. Who would've ever thought Colorado? It's a nice place though. If you have to be uprooted from your friends and family, your home and your life to make a better life for your family then I guess this is the place to do it. We are in Aurora, which is basically Denver just as Tempe is to Phoenix. This place will be our home for the next 18 months while Lynn gets his RN license. We're in the "Where do we put this?" process. The door is wide open for visitors!
On a side note, since making this blog public instead of private, I looked back at all the photos of our family and being the girl that I am (You can't tell me you all haven't looked at your photos and thought, "How do I look?") I thought, "All of these pictures are of me traveling, hiking and camping without any makeup or thought for appearance other than a headwrap." So I'm going to do better. Now that I've actually settled into a home other than 150 square foot motorhome with very few electricity capabilities, I'm going to take photos of me when I actually get ready for the day. So if you're shocked to see a slightly less disheveled Cameo, I warned you. By the way, I love this ward. Although they are all liars, I was asked "How old are your kids? You look like you're eighteen!" I'm sure it's just a standard Coloradan greeting but I loved it.
Tomorrow is officially Mommy-Cora day. This day started the summer after Cora turned four. I had a two year old and a newborn and realized I didn't spend as much time with her as I wanted to so I invented a holiday that was just for her and me to do whatever she wanted to on that day. (With a little inspiration from the memories of my mother and I doing something similar.) While researching what there is to do in Denver for our special day, I became overwhelmed at the choices. There are literally 10 amusement parks including a Six Flags, 2 water parks including one of Travel Channel's top ten water parks as well as an aquarium with sharks and rays, a nationally-renoun zoo, a huge science museum with IMAX and children's interactive centers, and probably five or ten museums. Not to mention all there is to do outdoors including hiking (a family favorite), cycling, etc. I'm not sure what we'll do tomorrow for our day (keeping an eye on the wallet) but it's sure to be almost as exciting as Denny's and the 1/4 mile race car track in Show Low, year after year after year...
I'll post a picture of us tomorrow and, as I previously warned you I may be unrecognizable!
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i miss you cameo and you look great without makeup... have fun with Cora
Have you seen Aunt Darce (Sara) yet? We visted 3 summers in a row in Aurora and I loved it. Send me your address so I can googleearth it to get a better idea of the location. Have fun with Cora, that sounds super fun and I might have to steal that idea...
hey girl do u still have the same 480 cel number? i will try it today after work! have fun doing "girls day"!
The thing is, you look gorgeous disheveled which really isn't fair. Wow what fun things you have to do there I'm jealous.
Post a Comment