Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mommy-Cora Day




For Mommy-Cora Day we went to Lakeside Amusement Park. It was a great deal. $5 to get in and park and another $5 for unlimited rides in kiddie-land. I just followed her around to whatever rides she wanted to go on and shot pictures. We had a great time. Afterwards we went to the standard restaurant Cora asks to go to every year; Denny's. I don't complain that her taste is still inexpensive. Especially on Tuesdays when her meal is free. Then she wanted to play at McDonald's playland and picked out a movie for us to watch at home. She chose Spiderwick Chronicles which the boys loved too. (And the $1 a night redbox rental was at McDonald's so it worked out great.) All-in-all a pretty great day with a wonderful girl. She's so grown up now going into 2nd Grade. She's my best girlfriend in the whole world. Just a great kid. Our conversation yesterday.
"Cora, if you could have one wish, what would it be?"
"I'd wish for more wishes."
"But if you couldn't wish for more wishes, like if it was a genie giving you a wish, what would you wish for?"
"I'd wish for another genie that would give me more wishes."

3 comments:

Stoddard Family said...

Your kids are so adorable, and so clever. That is such a fun thing to do with Cora. Megan and I were watching Jon and Kate+8, and they were having a girl day, then I saw that you were having a girl day and think I will try it. The kids miss your kids being next door to Mama's house, but I hope you guys are doing great and enjoying your family "adventure". Betsy

arianne said...

Ooh! Hot mama! I miss you guys. Your kids are the cutest.

Vandee said...

I love this idea and want to do it with Jaydee. Miss you guys a ton. We were talking about a BBQ and Sam said I just keep thinking of all our friends who moved. We had good times, but I guess we will have to meet some more people in the ward now. :)
BTW - you look great! It looks like Cora had a blast!