Sunday, July 6, 2008

Update from Denver


So one nice thing about where we live is that there are many trails that criss cross the whole area. We are hoping that this will encourage us to use them and get fit. The other day I experimented with the idea of riding my bike to school because there is a trail that runs all the way from our house to my school, about 7.5 miles. As great as it sounds I doubt I will do it just because of time. I can drive it in about 12 min. I biked about a third of it in 15. If I end up with more time than they say I am going to have I may try it but for now saving time is more important than saving money or exercise.


We did all get on the bikes and found that it shouldn't be a problem for Cameo to take Cora to school on the bike or for her to jog pushing the boys while Cora rides her bike or scooter. She is already so hot it is scary to think what might happen if she starts running everyday.


We are settling into life here. I suppose if you have to leave where you want to be Denver is not a bad alternative. Some people from the ward invited us over for the Fourth. There were 5 other young families there and they all seemed nice. They asked us about life in AZ and they all said it must really suck to have to leave family and friends like that. We tried not to agree too enthusiastically because we didn't want to offend them, but it does suck. I kept remembering last Fourth of July with everyone at the fireworks in Holbrook. I don't think I can ever remember feeling homesick but I think I'm homesick now.

2 comments:

Darce said...

I miss you guys. I hope school's going ok Lynn! And, Cameo, I hope you're adjusting alright--it's gonna be big for you, too! Love you and your fam!

Darce said...

"I wish they didn't have to move there." -- Kate (said in a VERY longing voice!!!) We just looked thru your whole blog and they (the girls) miss you guys!