

So yesterday the kids said they found some "fruit" outside and wanted to eat it. I told them not to because a lot of things look like fruit but they're not edible. The children persisted and when Cora told me she ate one I went outside to see what awful plant she ate, anticipating in my mind the rush to the hospital, the stomach pumping, Cora screaming while I held her down, etc. Then they showed me the tree, hanging into our yard and it was full of cherries. Really, yummy cherries and just below it was a vine of, what was that, raspberries! Yum! So the kids and I picked the raspberries, brought them in the house and began to eat them. I forgot to take a picture until almost all of them were eaten. They were really good. It was a pleasant surprise to see we had raspberries growing back there. It looks like a few more will ripen soon. There are a lot of other "surprise" plants in the backyard and I just assumed they were all weeds. I was going to go out and pull them all up last week but I'm glad I didn't. We'll wait another couple of weeks to see if anything sprouts. (And I want a good reason to continue to be lazy.)
I love the second pic of Jonah's hands. Notice his little feet sticking out from under his hands.

9 comments:
What a nice surprise! My kids would love to find those... heck me too for as much as they cost in the stores. Lynn looks so excited to be wearing scrubs. I sure miss the medical field.
That's awesome! I'm jealous.
Yummy I want cherries and rasberries growing in my backyard!! Colorado?! wow you guys really like to get around! I love new adventures. We miss Snowflake too. Hope the move went smoothly! Miss you guys
I can hardly believe how beautiful your kids are. Geez!
I'm so glad you found our blog! Yours is awesome - I'm glad we can keep in touch - hope all is well! : ) Travis & Kalee
Actually somehow my "comment" didn't work. I think it's amazing that you had apricots growing in your backyard in Mesa and now cherries (my favorite) and rasberries. What a neat experience for your kids. I love you guys. You're such a special family. Mom
Cameo- I totally planned on responding to your comment on my blog weeks ago, and then I totally forgot. That's about how my life is all the time. So glad you are doing good. Your kids are beautiful, and you look fantastic. Looks like you guys have all sorts of fun family adventures - how fun! Please stop back by my blog anytime. And yes - I remember the stupid argument about the seatbelt. I was really lame, but I'm glad we can now look back and remember how retarded we were. Do you remember pushing my moms giant boat out of your driveway in the middle of the night to go do a driveby. We were so cool!!!
Are we still talking about the seatbelt argument? If we are taking sides, I'm with Cameo.
P.S. maybe you could email me sometime, I'd love to hear from you! Miss you lots
I love surprises like this!
Post a Comment