Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cutest kids

Typical conversation with Granger:
Granger comes in, head hung, sulking and sits down on the couch.
"What's wrong, Grae?"
"I can't find O-B-1-Kanobe."
"Why not?"
"Jonah had it last and now he's asleep so I can't ask him where it is."
"Well, you'll have to wait until he wakes up then."
"When he wakes up he cries and when he cries I can't understand him." (Jonah does wake up very grumpy.)
"Well, how about if I give you a bigger problem and then you'll forget about O-B-1-Kanobe!"
"Like, tickle me?"
"No, like I'll chop off your fingers."
Granger laughs, "No, because then I won't be able to clean up very good and I know you want me to clean up."
"Okay", I say, "I'll just chop off your nose then. You don't need that to clean up."
"Well, if I don't have a nose, I won't be able to smell your yummy food and tell you how good it is."
"That's definitely a problem." I say, "How about a kiss?"
"Bingo!" says Grae. And gives me a great big kiss. What a cute kid!

Last night Lynn is telling the kids a story about when he was young and he mentions a lady that has all kinds of animals in his story. Jonah says, "Does she have a giraffe?" Lynn says, "No, I mean like cats and dogs and stuff. Jonah says, "You said ALL kinds of animals. That means a giraffe." How do you argue with that logic?

5 comments:

Stoddard Family said...

I agree you do have the cutest kids.Have you read Breaking Dawn yet? I am very interested to hear what you thought about it. No one else thinks that Jacob is better.

Team Caldwell said...

ok he is too much! Maybe we can ask where you in-laws are. wew are in flat rock ward in columbus. The girls started school today very fun and lonely.

Darce said...

They're the cutest--besides mine! We were watching a movie tonight where a woman got bit by a snake. In order to fix it, the natives had to cut into it to drain the poison. Liza said, "They're going to tape her foot back on, right?" Gotta love kids!

Drewmeister said...

I love kids and their unique perspective on the world around them!

Cedar said...

Kids say the best things. Its so good we actually take the time to write them down.
Sweet dreds, especially when Lynns wearing his nice suit. Classic.