




Cora has been in school now for two weeks. Granger started school Tuesday. They both go to the same school, only Kindergarten started a week later. Granger has afternoon kindergarten and with the late schedule 1:20pm to 4:05pm for him and for Cora 9:35am to 4:05pm, we are loving it. I think every school should start after 9:30 in the morning. It's especially nice for us night owls. The bus stop is right in front of our house so super convenient. Although I plan to eventually get some exercise and ride bikes or jog to school (jogging stroller) I have been feeling so sick lately the bus stop has tempted me beyond my ability to resist. They both love school and it's good for them to have some social interaction. I think they're the best kids around. As you can see from the photo, Jonah is always ecstatic to have them home!
We went to a Diamondbacks/Rockies game Wednesday night. We knew we were looking for trouble going into enemy territory all dressed in red and rooting for the opposing team but people were actually very friendly. Who can resist adorable children screaming for the D-backs? Although Granger "forgot" one time and started rooting for the Rockies! He was really embarrased once he realized what he was doing. A lot of people stopped and talked to us (actually they mostly stopped our kids) and one usher even let us down to the "good" seats as long as I kept it "between us", she said. So we got awesome seats and only had to pay for the crappy $4 seats. We have found that having such adorable kids helps us real a few financial benefits. Way to go. Pulling their own weight... Anyway, we had a blast.
I've decided that rather than wishing we were back home in Snowflake all the time to really appreciate the things about living in a city that I would never get to do otherwise. We went to a great ball game and earlier that day I took the boys to the Museum of Nature & Science. It was a free day so it was full of kids but it was a really awesome place. We only got to see about 1/3 of it before we had to go to get Granger to Kindergarten but it was really awesome. Lots of hands on stuff and exhibits like space odyssey, dinosaurs, wildlife, etc. So I appreciate that. Lynn didn't come though, so I didn't bring the camera. Lynn is the one who always remembers stuff like "preserving memories" and crap like that. Good thing we've got him to provide proof that we do have fun.
Lynn's doing well in school. Midterms are over and three more weeks until finals. Then we'll be traveling to Snowflake for a break for a few days and to drop off our kids at some very awesome cousins house (Thanks!) and have Lynn and I celebrate our 10th anniversary in Greer.

9 comments:
one day on a walk didn't cedar talk about greer for their aniversary. Wow at least you have thought of some anniversary plans us not so much. Looks like you like the city and our having fun.
That looked like a lot of fun! I could totally picture Granger's face when he was imbaressed! He has good facials and is such a cutie! Let me know your plans for coming. Ben said something about Lynn going with Chris to NY so We were just wondering. Hey were really excited!
Your kids are the cutest! That picture of Jonah running toward the bus is priceless. And way to embrace the new life. That's much better than a pity party, believe me I know. Although I may not have pouted so much if I would have had museums, ball games and well... anything. But I do have family and that's what really matters. Can't wait to have you guys back but in the meantime, I'm glad things are going so well for you.
I am with you on the school time. (9:30 to 4:00?? Thats awesome. Getting up at 6:30 is killing me!! Remember my goal about going to bed earlier, the one I haven't done yet??
Your are always up to fun things, lucky kids. Hope you are feeling ok.
Sounds like you guys are doing great. Stinky that you aren't feeling well though. This to shall pass! I finally feel normal again! Greer is so much fun. I love it there. Love the late school idea too! The olympics are killing my bedtime schedule right now!
Yah, there's lots of neat things about Snowflake, but there are great things no matter where you are. Good to "bloom where you are planted"! I loved the picture of Jonah, too--awesome! Love ya girl! It'll be great to see you guys!
Love the pictures! Can't wait to see you when Lynn is done with finals. Tell him good luck. I love the picture of Jonah! It looks like you had a blast at the game!
Cedar - just get pregnant then it is easy to go to bed early! :)
What cute kids. Happy anniversary!! Looks like you are having a fun and busy summer also. School starts for us in one week. I am jealous of your schedule. We have to be out our door at 7:55 to be at school at 8:15.
You are so great! I wish I had as wonderful of an attitude as you do. If Eric even mentions transferring to another city I have a big temper tantrum, and he drops it. I am so impressed that you have decided to embrace where you are. I hope you feel better soon. I think newborn babies are so sweet and adorable because they are trying to make up for making us feel so awful.
Post a Comment