I just read a friend's blog that mentioned someone had told her that blogs are just for bragging about how great a person's life is. The following are my biggest bragging points...
1. I am still continually trying to lose the "baby fat" even though my youngest is 3 years old now.
2. Today, I looked at the inside of a nasty toilet, once for cleaning and again for puking. In that order...
3. Speaking of the above, in the last month I have only cleaned this toilet one other time and my entire house is a wreck. Seriously, CPS had better not knock on my door.
4. Tonight my husband threw in an old frozen dinner I had previously made while I sat in the other room and drank apple juice. I couldn't even be in the same room as the smell. Now that only isn't a holly homemaker, it's also a lazy mom.
5. I have been in sweats the entire day and they're cutoffs so my unshaven legs are especially unattractive.
6. I didn't help my daughter with her homework, Lynn did and when I told her I'd help wash her hair tonight, by the time I made it to the bathroom she had done it all by herself.
7. I did read my son umpteen books today but it was mostly during commercials.
8. I have three loads of unfolded laundry on my couch.
9. I only left the house today to get the mail and our mailbox is in the front yard.
10. I am going to ly in bed tonight and feel guilty about all of it.
11. My husband and I argued about... Well I can't think of anything. I guess you've got me on that one. We rarely argue, although a healthy debate has known to arise. Yes, I will brag that I have a husband who loves me and I love him. I have three beautiful, healthy kids that bring lots of joy. My life is far from perfect but I hope that the "real" Johnson Family is reflected in this blog. I want my children to look back on this blogging journal and know that I was real and human and imperfect and essentially happy. I am.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
LOL! I love your day! You sound just like me. My sister often quotes her mother in law, you are doing the most important job. (Carrying the baby). So nothing else matters. Thank goodness for great kids and wonderful hubbies while we are preggo. :)
Listen to Vandee! She is right! It's so hard to sit there and let things go but when you feel like crap you have to remember that the baby is most important here! I'm so glad that Lynn is there to help even though he is so busy! I wish I could do something to help you! I'm so sad thinking of you being so far away and I can't help you or see you! Keep trying to be positive 'cuz Lynn, the kids, and the baby-that's all that matters!!
I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time. When we first moved to Snowflake I was pregnant with Gracie, I had Eric put a t.v. and vcr in my bedroom. Then every morning I would make one trip out to the kitchen and family room, get all the snacks and supplies I would need for the day, then I would lie in bed while the 3 kids watched t.v. and played in my room. I hope you are feeling better soon. You are doing a very important job though, it is hard work growing babies.
That eerily sounds like too many of my days. I actually really love the days when I don't get dressed...until my kids and Randy come home and ask me if I have gotten out of bed. Don't be ashamed of having a real life!
I agree that it's important to let our kids know we're human, and include our success and failures in our journals, but I also think we all need to take a day off here or there. Besides, you're pregnant, which gives you all kinds of valid excuses ;)
Do you ever get to see my parents--I don't think they're that far away from where you live. Maybe they can show you some fun things to do in Colorado
Cameo & Lynn,
I seriously enjoy reading your blog! You guys have a way with words and I like how you BOTH write on it. I don't think I could get Spencer to type a darn thing! Anyway, I like your bragging list, Cameo. It made me chuckle!
Take care,
~Martha
Post a Comment