You have to realize that I have no television, I live in a new town where I don't know anybody and I don't want to spend any gas money going anywhere. So when I get sick of taking my three kids biking around town, blogging is my form of entertainment. What else am I going to do? So thanks to all of you who have allowed me to indulge in this form of entertainment, even if at your own expense. Although Arianne and Dave have an awesome idea for self entertainment. Check out their most recent blog. It's hilarious. I think I'm going to have to adopt the idea. It's probably inappropriate to do in Sunday School, right?
On a side note, Lynn was taught in English class that double spacing after a sentence is no longer considered grammatically correct? So I'm having to make a concious effort of single spacing.
Okay, back to the most recent blog. Number one is true. Most of you know the story but if you don't I'll do a brief scenopsis but you need a little background info first.
Lynn lived next door to a canal. Because there wasn't any fencing along the canal, they'd get all sorts of unsavory characters at their house. One time when Lynn was a boy he went out to their shed to get some ice cream and under the florescent lights of the freezer door being opened, he saw a homeless man just over his shoulder watching him. Needless to say that wasn't the only time that sort of thing happened.
Also, when I was in college I locked the keys to my car in the trunk. I could still get into the cab. Thanks to the heroism and muscles of Big Stu, by prying down the back seat, he was able to get the keys out of the trunk. So ever since, the back seat of my car is foldable, giving access to the trunk.
When I was 20, Lynn and I were dating/engaged. One very late night after visiting him, we walked out to my car, said our goodbye's and I got into my car, Trusty/Inferno. I never locked it. I noticed the interior light didn't turn on but I was so twitterpated I didn't give it much thought. As I was driving down his long street, I noticed the very back window was foggy. I thought it was odd because nobody had been in the car for hours. I remember how easy it was to get into the trunk and started to get worried. In the rearview mirror, each time I passed under a streetlight, my back seat would become illuminated and I noticed some cuts in the top of the vinyl that I hadn't noticed before. I decided I was paranoid and just needed to get home. Then I devised a plan to see if anyone was back there. I figured that if I suddenly swerved and a person was back there they wouldn't have time to brace themselves and I'd hear a thud. I decided to try it. The streets were almost empty. It was past two in the morning. I was turning onto Harris from Southern. Without breaking, I made the hard turn. There was a very loud thud. Something big. I began to really freak out but then the logical side of myself that always has a louder voice told me that it must've been something else. I remember I had put a gallon of coolant in the trunk a while back. (For those of you that know the heat of Inferno, you understand the necessity.) I couldn't remember if I had taken it out. I devised another plan. I decided that if I continued to swerve, a person would start to brace themselves but an inademant object would continue to slide around. So I swerved again. Thud. Good. Again. Nothing. Again. Nothing. Not so good. I was swerving all over the road down Harris, going very, very fast. There was no more thudding. I decided that if I person was in the back, I had better let him know I knew it. I said out loud, "I know you're there. I have a gun. I will kill you if you come out." I proceeded to open and close the glove box to add to the illusion, hoping that this person hadn't already looked in there. I was almost home and still a little concerned I was overreacting. I drove down my street going 45. I didn't want the person to know I was coming to a stop. We lived at the end of the culdesac and I squealed into the driveway, leaving black marks the entire way up. I jumped out of the car and ran into the house, locking the door behind me. I peeked out the window and saw the outline of a person in the backseat. Or was I just imagining? It was so dark. Just then my little sister, Arianne, who was still up asked me what was going on. I told her what I thought had happened, then I went to bed. I slept in. At about twelve o'clock Arianne came running into my room and told me to go watch the news. A story was on about a 21 year old blonde girl who had been found in the dessert just that morning. She had been raped and beaten. She lived three miles from my house. She had gone to work at about four o'clock in the morning. She had a little red car, almost identical to mine. When she got in the car, a man was hiding in the back. He drove her out to the desert, raped, beat her and left her there. She crawled to an obscure road out there and somebody found her and brought her to the hospital. I decided to go out to my car and see what I found. The vinyl had been cut on the backseat. Then I noticed something I hadn't noticed before because it was so dark. The wires underneath the dash had been pulled out and a few were cut. That is why the interior light wouldn't turn on. So I called the cops but they said they already knew who the guy was and didn't need anything. And that's the end of the explanation for #1. Whew! My car still has the battle marks from the incident and the interior light has never worked since.
That took so long, I think I'll have to post answers to the other ones later. (You know I'm just amusing myself.)
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I hate this story. Everytime I think of it, I cringe inside and I'm so grateful for your protection and quick mind. But, Ohhhh... I just can't tell you. Imagine Cora going through this and not telling you... Or going through this AND telling you... Love, Mom
You are even meaner than you were yesterday.
Cam, you're the best!! I wish I knew how to be as evil as you!
This story still give me goosebumps. Okay, now about the pregnancy one...
Post a Comment