Friday, July 11, 2008
School
So I made it through my first week of school. One down, 59 to go. Before starting school it was really hard to imagine that it would be as hard as they said it would be. After the first week they haven't left anything to the imagination. They keep saying "This is an accelerated program. Get used to it." The good part about this is I will be done faster. The bad part is I am responsible for learning in 16 months what most people take two and a half years or more to learn. After our first hour of Microbiology, one girl said, "Well we just covered everything I learned in my biology class last semester at another college." It's not that we just skim over the info either. We cover the basics in class lecture and are responsible for learning the rest on our own. The test will tell us if we got it or not. I spend most waking hours studying and should be studying right now but I need a break. It has been hard but suprisingly I have enjoyed it so far. We'll see if that lasts. The one thing I have to say I hate is the uniforms. (See the picture.) Teal is such an ugly color but it is made infinitely worse by the all-white shoes we have to wear. (All white NO color stiching allowed.) It's hard to learn when you look so stupid. They are very strict about their dress code here. I won't get into it but it's worse than BYU. Old age makes me not care too much but it is a little crazy. Anyway, I had better get back to the books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We used to dress like that
all the time in the 80's
Post a Comment