Sunday, July 27, 2008

Kids say the darndest things

So we have been in Colorado a little over a month now and tomorrow I start my fourth week of school. It is taking some getting used to but we are getting there. The first few days of school the kids said some funny things that I wanted to get down but because of the previously mentioned blog band imposed on me by Cameo I haven't been able to get to them until now.

The second day of school Jonah, who is our farmer, was up at the crack of dawn with me. When I told him I had to go he asked "Where?" I told him school. He looked at me with a confused expression and said. "You went to school yesterday." Apparantly he wasn't paying full attention to the whole "Dad's gonna be gone a lot" speech.

A few days later I was studying in our room. Jonah came in and was making a bunch of noise and Cameo came and got him. She told him he had to get out of the room because dad is studying. Jonah went out sulking and in a very pouty voice said, "Dads always studying." It looks like I am cramping his style.

I went in to Cora's room the other night to give here a kiss goodnight and when I started to leave she asked me where I was going. I told her I was going to do more homework to which she replied. "Gosh I didn't know they were gonna give you ten pounds of homework every night."
I told her it was more like fifteen pounds. Her eyes got really big as I walked out of the room.

After I'd been in school for about a week, Granger came to Cameo with a question. He looked at her with a very serious look on his face and asked, "Mom, do they have nurses in Snowflake?" Cameo said "Yes, they do." Granger, threw his arms out, palms up and shook his head with a bewildered, almost disgusted expression and said, "What the heck did we move all the way here for then?"

Everyone is becoming adjusted now. It is definitely different. We'll get the hang of it pretty soon.

3 comments:

Vandee said...

Love the kids comments. Good luck with your 15 pounds of homework. We are all hoping that you will be back in Snowflake when you are done with School.

Sarah said...

Cameo, I almost feel your pain of being in a new place. Although I have Nathaniel's family around, I still feel alone. I do have TV, that has become a sweet companion. Nathaniel and Adam are gone from 9:30am to 7:30pm. If I could, I would come over everyday and sit and stare at you. I miss you guys.

Drewmeister said...

Lynn--Good luck in school. It really is an adjustment for the entire family.